Sunday, January 15, 2006

The movie mania

Movies. So much a part of our lives these days, that there is almost no gathering, get-together or group conversation topic that doesn't swing towards movie experiences at some point or another.

Take this weekend. Four new DVDs. A Matrix Marathon Sunday. And an evening exchanging favourite movies, storyines and favourites.

I guess I'm what you'd call a movie buff. But you'd be wrong. It's my husband.

I've been watching movies since I can remember. I grew up on them, studied them, did my thesis on them, and even tried to go to college to write them!

Whereas, my husband spent our first time in a darkened movie theatre snoring softly on my shoulder...

And so time flies and life balances itself. He does the buying, watching and discussing, while I do the sleeping.

It makes me wonder what's going on with the world... is there some great cosmic set of scales in the heavens which places the DVDs on one side and Zzzzz'z on the other? I mean I've heard of ying-yang, opposite attraction and the works, but since when does one change one's stripes to maintain polarity?

I mean, I really enjoy movies. It's just that off late real life has just become much more interesting.

And perhaps there lies the point.

No comments: